Black Friday Sale, and Celebration

Black Friday – November 27, 2015 Storewide sale — opening early at 9:00 a.m. Vast selection of Black Friday ONLY titles LIVE music – hosted by Ellis Clark  11:00 a.m. til ——-? Light refreshments UNCODE.initRow(document.getElementById("script-207528"));

About Val's halla Records

Val’s halla was born July 26, 1972 following the demise of a small record chain I had managed from the same location since 1968. One week after the fall of the chain, I was able to lease the empty location that had been my home for almost five years and — with the all-volunteer efforts of former employees — literally brought a myth to life. After almost four decades in our original home on South blvd, the spectre of...

showcase evening with BASEMENT BLUEGRASS

December 11 – 7:30 pm — showcase evening with BASEMENT BLUEGRASS:  The Band is: Connor Ostrow- Fiddle Arden Rae- Fiddle & Mandolin & Guitar Joe Merkle- Guitar Jordan Savusa- Banjo Will Wright- Bass The Band formed in June to lead a jam session at the end of the youth division’s qualification round of the Midwest Fiddle Championship at the Old Town School. We try to play mostly traditional bluegrass and old...